Tree services and maintenance
We provide quality tree care. Our tree surgeons deal with any size commercial or domestic tree surgery enquiry. Whether it be small tree pruning, site clearance for building sites or contracted tree services to housing associations and property management companies.
Our tree services include
We take pride in our pruning to ensure that your tree takes pride of place on your property. Your tree will be left looking natural and balanced.
Trees in urban or populated areas require a higher level of care to maintain their safety and aesthetics. Pruning should be done with an understanding of how the tree responds to each cut, this can only be performed by qualified arborists. Improper pruning can cause damage that will last for the life of the tree, or worse, shorten the tree's life.
We will advise you on the types of pruning that can improve the health of your tree, the safety of the tree for both people & property and of course the visual beauty of your tree.
• Crown Reduction: To reduce the overall crown of usually older trees, while keeping the trees natural shape. This technique is used to help the strength and stability of the tree and to increase your tree's life.
• Crown Thinning: This technique can be used on a stand alone basis or combined with a crown reduction. This opens the canopy by removing dead, weak or diseased branches. This helps prevent the tree acting as a sail in high winds and allows the branches to move freely. It also reduces the branches rubbing together and therefore promotes the well being of the tree.
• Crown Lifting: To remove the lower branches that are causing obstruction to property, vehicles and pedestrians.
• Pollarding: Only to be used as a last resort and on certain trees such as Limes or London Planes. This technique involves removing all the branches back to the trunk.
Complete tree removal can necessary if the tree/trees are diseased, dying or dead. Removal can also be needed trees are causing subsidence to building or simply if a tree has been planted in an unsuitable area. If the tree needs to be removed from a home or business you can trust us to use the latest dismantling techniques to ensure the job is conducted safely and with the minimum disturbance to your garden or business premises. We are specialists in removing large trees situated aside buildings and small urban gardens.
We are also experienced site clearance specialists for the construction industry and property developers.
Trees are good for People, Wildlife and the Environment
Planting trees is an easy and effective way to create visual aesthetics to your property, provide shade in summer and wind protection in winter and enhance privacy all while adding value to your property. Since a tree is such a visible part of the landscape care must be taken to ensure proper growth conditions are maintained.
We have access to a fully stocked nursery from small saplings to more established trees. We are happy to give free advice and recommendations on what tree to plant and where.
Once a tree is felled tree stumps can be a unsightly focal point. We provide a stump grinding service that is cost effective and allows trees to be replanted or the area to have paving or turf to be re-laid. We have access to both a small grinder for property with difficult access and a larger grinder for stumps of any size to be ground out quickly and efficiently.
We can manage hedges of any size. We are happy to trim small ornamental hedges to large conifer hedges while still taking the care to ensure the hedge is aesthetically pleasing.
We are happy to provide a one off service to reduce in height and width your hedge, so that the homeowner can comfortably maintain their hedge and we can also provide a fixed price contracted service to keep your hedge managed cost effectively.
Our in house consultant has many years experience both as a tree surgeon and consultant and he is level 3 qualified. He has 10 years combined experience in tree hazard assessment, tree subsidence issues, professional tree inspection and quantifiable tree risk assessment.
Services we provide:
• Preliminary tree inspections with a TPO application or Conservation Area.
• Larger surveys, consultancy advice and site meetings.
• Mortgage reports.
• Tree mapping